Raise your apple crumble game with the addition of ginger biscuits in the topping.
500g apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
1 lemon, zest and juice
½ tsp ground cinnamon
175g brown sugar
250g plain flour
200g butter, fridge cold
50g jumbo oats
75g ginger biscuits
1) Preheat your oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
2) Toss the apple, lemon juice and 125g of the brown sugar together in a bowl and transfer to a 1.5 litre oven dish.
3) Place the flour in a large bowl and rub in the butter with your fingers to create crumbs.
4) Place the ginger biscuits in a strong plastic bag and tap with the edge of a rolling pin until broken down into very small pieces.
5) Lightly stir the ginger biscuits into the butter and flour crumbs along with the rest of the sugar and the oats into the butter and flour mixture.
6) Scatter this mixture evenly over the apples in the dish.
7) Bake for around 45 minutes, until apples are tender, the filling is bubbling and the top is golden.
8) Serve hot with cream, custard or ice cream.